Aged Brown Sample – Zircotec Performance Colours™ Range
ZIRCOTEC PERFORMANCE COLOURS™ RANGE – AGED BROWN COLOUR SAMPLE FOR PLASMA SPRAYED CERAMIC COATING
30 x 80 mm coated aluminium sample tube
Colour Sample for Plasma-Sprayed Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating
The Performance Colours™ range is the Zircotec proprietary range of high temperature quality finishes for our ThermoHold® based ceramic coating, suitable for exhaust coating applications as well as a range of other applications.
It provides similar levels of performance to our Performance White™ coating, with a surface finish that is robust, easily maintained and aesthetically pleasing.
A robust fit-and-forget coating
It is in effect “welded” to the substrate using our proprietary metal bond system; eliminating the need for exhaust wrap; protecting against corrosion; and so continuing to perform and look good
Choice of colours
- With a surface finish and texture that is robust, sealed and easily maintained
Ultra high level of thermal performance
- This ceramic coating is suitable for applications of up to 900°C (1,650°F)
Significantly lower exhaust temperatures
- Temperatures on the surface of the exhaust reduce by a massive ~33%.
Reduced heat transfer, so much lower engine bay temperatures
- Reductions of >50°C are possible
Highly efficient yet lightweight
- Only 0.3mm thick (0.012″ thick) with minimal weight gain
Protection for vulnerable components close to the exhaust
- Avoiding heat damage, increasing component life, and allowing closer packaging of equipment inside the engine bay
Improved engine performance & reliability
- Lower air intake temperatures lead to increased engine power, whilst keeping the heat inside the exhaust gas allows the gases to flow more easily increasing cylinder scavenging, allowing turbochargers to spool up more quickly and helping to prevent fuel evaporation in older cars).
Reduced heat soak through footwells, bulkheads, etc.
- So drivers are potentially cooler, more comfortable, and more able to concentrate
Rapid cooling of the exhaust when the engine is turned off
- The surface temperature of our exhaust coating drops quickly when the engine is off, making pit stops faster, easier and safer